One hour of CAM ICB Credit is approved for this presentation.
You may have listened to many lectures about toxic mold, but not like this one. In 20 years since the mold panic erupted, the only voices heard on the subject are those profiting from mold testing and mold claims. It’s time to hear a different point of view.
In this presentation, Richardson Ober DeNichilo Partner Kelly G. Richardson CCAL addresses the following topics:
- What is “toxic” mold?
- Where did toxic mold originate?
- What happened with California's Toxic Mold Protection Act of 2001?
- What has the mainstream scientific community said about the health impact of mold since 2003?
- What do the California Department of Public Health, the Center for Disease Control, and the Environmental Protection Agency say about mold?
- Should we test for mold?
- Why mold claims are so expensive and how their cost can be reduced?
- Are mold incidents ever covered by insurance?
- How best to respond to mold claims from homeowners or their tenants.
The presentation will include several informative handouts and time will be reserved for audience questions.